Sunday 28 November 2010

Travelling: woes and pro's

Today (1st day on the Mars adventure) began just like any other travel day; lack of sleep, up early and panic over last stage packing. Then once all is settled you look out the window and "oh crap" Its whiteout city. So what then... Stress, panic, worry. Finally after much planning and wishing and hoping and sheer luck, I make it safely to the airport. Now what? Tea baby. That's right, tea to unwind, de-stress and cos it tastes so damn great.

1 hour passes and I'm through security and at my boarding gate only to look out the window and see fresh, heavy snow. Everything stops... Grrrr!

So here we are, 90minutes of sitting on a plane, a fairly treacherous take off, passing out and waking up upon landing... I'm in London. Woooooot I actually made it (incidentally turns out that my airport closed for 6hrs just after my flight left. Lucky huh?)

Well after a long day, it's time to grab that early night that; like a healthy diet; always seems to evade me. Tomorrow will begin the real test and I am sure that even when madness descends upon me once more, I shall still manage to tweet and blog the real story behind life in my head... Scary ;-)

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment